Nanay’s Diagnosis Functional Liver Detoxification Profile
Just came back from our Endocrinologist to find out the results of her FLDP test.
Here is a summary of Nanay’s Liver Diagnostic Tests
• Ultrasound showed liver, kidneys and spleen (I am pretty sure this is normal – test tomorrow)
• Liver Function Tests (LFT) showed normal – as of 24 April 2011 (test ordered by Oncologist)
• Functional Liver Detoxification Profile (FLDP) showed significantly abnormal Phase 1 – based on 24 hour urine test taken last 24 April 2011 (test ordered by our Endocrinologist upon my request)
My intuition is correct, although the tests ordered by the Oncologists shows no evidence of disease, there is something wrong in her liver (at least how she metabolizes certain toxins and nutrients).
Here is her Detoxification Capacity Profile
Phase 1 (Oxidation ) is 2.1 *H TOO FAST
Phase 2 (Conjucation all within normal range (not too fast, not too slow)
1.) Induced cytochrome P450 enzyme system
2.) Phase 1 detoxification/Increased exposure to toxins
3.) Gut- derived toxins/leaky gut
4.) Enzyme inducers: tobacco, alcohol, barbiturates, sulphonamids, cruciferous vegetables, charcoal-broiled foods
5.) Increased production of free radicals
Consider the following actions
1. Purify home and work environment
2. Consider Intestinal Permeability test and Digestive Stool Analysis (DSA) test to rule out gut-derived toxins
3. Increase intake of anti-oxidants
4. Nutritionally support Phase 2 pathways to prevent build-up of toxic intermediate metabolites
Our endocrinologist, did not give us any supplement or drug at all, as he wants to really know the real issue, we would take actions 1 & 3 for the meantime. Then on 6th June Nanay will do the Intestinal Permeability test to rule out leaky-gut syndrome.
I am glad I have made my own research prior to the visit with our endocrinologist. Refer to the discussion here :
Liver Detoxification Q&A between Doctor and patient
Although, I did not memorize the questions, the discussion I had with the doctor led me to ask the same questions and I was satisfied with how he answered my questions. So, when I checked back my notes, I was not surprised that the questions and answers were in-sync. Hah! Science is an art, the process of finding the cause is quite interesting and fascinating, if the doctor is willing to do that extra mile to educate you and not just dispense drugs and supplements.