5 day prayer & fasting
Its a long weekend! starting this Saturday (20 Jan) to Tuesday (24 Jan).
Instead of going for a holiday trip, I will be embarking on a 5 day prayer & fasting (20-25 Jan for the following concerns
– more intimate relationship with God (wisdom and guidance)
– for co-workers (in Singapore and the rest of Asia and UK) who will either be losing their jobs or getting more workload and therefore sacrificing their time for their own family and their own health (that they may also seek the Lord at this junction in our lives)
– for the West (UK and US) to remember that they have a Christian heritage (American laws are based on Christian foundations)– may they not continue to turn around from their rich Christian heritage
– for the East (Asia) to continue to get to know the Lord more and realise the pattern of humanity as reflected in the Old Testament..
– that the leaders in my workplace make the right decisions not only for their own job security but also for the lives that will be impacted in every major decision they make
– Nanay’s continous healing (physically, spiritually and emotionally)
– my own health concerns (weight, metabolism issues)
– My brother to continue to grow in faith (no matter how small)
– May all the people we meet whether they make our life easier, or more challenging– see how the Lord works in our lives and not only respect our convictions but also join us in getting to know Christ more
– for the Lord to give me wisdom and guidance on how we can get out of the slavery of credit card debts (how I can continue to sustain Nanay’s treatments).. if this includes giving away my ‘widows mite’.. may the Lord give the peace that surpasses all understanding..
– that the vegetables I will be buying are really organically produced and that it will provide the right sustenance and nutrition as I embark on this 5 day prayer & fasting..
– that I may find opportunities to talk about the Grace of God to people I will encounter in this journey..
To anyone who is reading this and praying for us, may the desires of your heart be also supported by Christ.