Skip to content

Recipe: Healthy Pancake

March 31, 2012

No flour pancake. Full of vitamins and minerals necessary for growing teeth and bones.

Recipe (all are approximations)

Soak for 48 hours
3/4 cup oat groats
1/4 cup buckwheat groats
1/2 tsp vitamin C powder
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp almond nuts
2 cups water

Soak separately for 48 hours
Goji berries (2 tbsp)
pitted Dates (5 pcs)
1 cup water
1/2 tsp vitamin C powder

Throw away 90% of soaking water, keep the remaining 10% for future use.
Blend all of the ingredients using a normal blender.

Let the mixture rest in the fridge for another 24 hours.

Mix the following in a bowl
2 tbsp butter
2 eggs
1/2 tsp cinammon powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk (made of milk, Vitamin C and Potassium chloride/K salt) ==> normal table salt is sodium chloride if you dont have K salt.. just dont use any salt).
1/2 tsp baking powder

Blend the wet mixture with the soaked grains — Blend until mixture is really smooth..use butter oil to cook the pancakes in low fire (Slow cook).

Syrup
2 tbsp of raw manuka honey
1 tsp of water
1 tsp of butter
Cook in slow fire

THe balanced combination of phosporous from oats and buckwheat and calcium from the butter, milk and eggs, and the power of Vitamin C to bind all of these minerals to help in growing teeth and bones, are all packed in pancakes. Healthy and delicous breakfast for zarah, which she enjoy fully,, thats why she was able to sing this song..


Zarah is my 6 year old daughter, you will notice that she have lost a few of her primary teeth (naturally). 3 were removed by the dentist (at different times). Its not too late to change her diet no matter how hard it is. Her normal diet for the last 6 years is made of fresh fruit juice (every day), such as orange, apple and watermelon and oat meal with Milo in the morning. Her pre-school milk is Karihome goat’s milk. She loves fried fish and fried chicken but hates vegetables, beef and any mushy, soupy food. Hates butter, that’s why I am happy she eats pancakes, as I can hide the butter into the mixture. She can tolerate raw cheese. I am slowly trying to wane her from oatmeal by introducing buckwheat to clean and widen her palet. Been trying so hard to ask Nanay to either reduce her juices or ensure she eats raw cheese before drinking fresh juice (to slow down its journey to her bloodstream). I have to remind Nanay 3x a day to ensure Zarah is taking her fermented cod liver oil (FCLO) and butter oil.. just like an old broken record. We have been trying to cheat her by mushing sweet potato leaves or moringa leaves and mixing it with her rice. Has been successful in feeding her about 1 tbsp of greens everyday, this way.

Advertisements
2 Comments leave one →
  1. April 13, 2012 6:03 am

    Your tips and tricks are wonderful as is this recipe – also your daughter has an awesome diet 🙂
    You are fantastic my friend
    Also I would like to thank you for subscribing – I hope you enjoy my posts (which may be a little halted due to my exam studies :P)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

  2. April 13, 2012 12:49 pm

    hi choc chip, yes, I was inspired to bake err make my own pancakes and bread because of your blog.. you can also try juicing half of a pineapple (drink the juice with coconut water).. then save the pulp and add equal amounts of manuka honey.. store in the fridge.. (the pineapple pulp/manuka honey combination is great as toppings for pancakes and ice cream… if you are getting tired of plain honey..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: